Figure 1-2. - Shop Repair Order, NAVFAC Form 9-11200/3A.
completion of this work; and directs the maintenance of PM records, shop backlog records, and vehicle history files.
The foreman of the maintenance and repair shop supervises subcenters, such as the body and paint shop, battery shop, tire shop, toolroom, and lubrication shop. Responsibilities of the foreman include the following:
1. Establishing priorities and sequences in which scheduled workloads will be accomplished, primarily on a day-to-day/job-by-job basis
2. Analyzing and interpreting shop repair orders, work requests, and other work documentation and specifications to determine work requirements
3. Assigning work among subordinates and providing specific material requirements
4. Consulting with higher authority and staff personnel to make sure that appropriate tools, materials, and equipment are available as needed
5. Requesting and coordinating the services and work of other shops when required
6. Assigning work by written or oral orders
7. Assisting in the training of subordinates in work methods, procedures, and the operation of tools and equipment, both new and already in use
8. Certifying that the work is efficient and economical and that the work is performed safely
9. Anticipating operational problems and acting to overcome delays
10. Directing and recommending changes in shop layout to improve efficiency
11. Ensuring that subordinates houseclean
12. Issuing and enforcing safety practices and fire regulationsContinue Reading