1. To convert square inches to square feet, divide
square inches by 144.
2. To convert square feet to square inches, multiply
3. To convert square feet to square yards, divide by
4. To convert square yards to square feet, multiply
5. To convert square feet to squares, divide by 100.
Convert 1,550 square inches into square feet.
Convert 15 square feet to square inches.
Convert 100 square feet to square yards.
Convert 10.3 square yards to square feet.
10.3 square yards x 9 square feet= 92.7 square feet
5. Convert 17,250 square feet to squares.
AREA OF A CIRCLE
Development of Formula:
The above demonstrates that a circle divided into a
number of parts maybe laid out as a parallelogram. As
the number of parts is increased, the longer side ap-
proaches 1/2 of the circumference; if divided into an
indefinite number of parts, it would be equal to 1/2 the
circumference. As the number increases, h approaches
r and would be equal if the circle was divided into an
infinite number of parts.
The areas of the parallelogram is
The formula for the area of a circle
Since r = cY2 where d is the diameter of a circle, the
formula for the area of a circle in terms of its diameter
In describing plane shapes, you use only two dimen-
sions: width and length; there is no thickness. By adding
the third dimension, you describe a solid object.
Consider the solids shown below.