5-65. What are the two most common kinds
of failure in water tanks?
1. Lining ruptures and accumulation of
2. Leaky seams and corrosion
3. Lining ruptures and corrosion
4. Leaky seams and pressure ruptures
5-66. What type of material should be used
for permanent water tank patching?
1. Black steel
2. Any nonferrous metal
3. Metal that matches the tank wall in
thickness and type
4. Any metal with the same thickness
as that of the tank wall
5-67. The plunger in the inlet valve assembly
of most flush tanks is opened by
1. lowering the float arm
2. raising the float arm
3. lowering the stopper ball
4. raising the stopper ball
5-68. Trouble in the ball cock assembly of a
water closet is indicated by which of
the following conditions?
1. An empty tank and no flushing
2. A full tank and incomplete flushing
3. A full tank and continuous running
4. An empty tank and continuous
5-69. Normally, a flush tank should empty
within what period of time?
5-70. What condition most likely exists if a
water tempering valve has been
installed on a flush tank?
1. Slow filling of the flush tank
2. Excessive water used in flushing
3. Condensation dripping from the
exterior of the flush tank
4. Low water pressure entering the
5-71. What are the two most common
problems with flushometer valves?
1. Intermittent flushing and long
2. Intermittent flushing and short
3. Long flushing and continuous
4. Continuous flushing and short
5-72. What is the primary reason for
installing flush valves?
1. To enable automatic flushing
2. To avoid wasting water
3. To save maintenance costs
4. To improve sanitation
2. 10 seconds
3. 15 seconds
4. 20 seconds