2. Open the drip valve until the lighter cup is 1/4
full of fuel.
3. Ignite the fuel in the lighter cup and return the
cup into the flue. In approximately 1 minute, the flue
will be preheated.
4. Swing the lighter cup so the edge of the cup is
below the drip valve
5. Open the drip valve and the stream of fuel will
ignite from the burning lighter cup.
6. Swing the lighter cup back into the flue and
adjust the flow of fuel to just below smoke point.
When the flow of fuel is excessive, an explo-
sion may result. If dark smoke is coming out of
the flue pipe, reduce the fuel flow.
FIELD RANGE BURNER
The portable field range used by the NCF has a self-
contained burner unit that is portable. The burner unit
can be used with a range unit or by itself. Figure 2-8
shows the M59 range unit and M2 burner unit.
When the M-59 range outfit is used for cooking or
baking, the M-2 burner should be placed in the bottom
position. When the cabinet is used for frying, the burner
should be placed in the top position. The two burner
positions are shown in figure 2-9.
Figure 2-9.Burner unit positions.
Figure 2-8.M59 range outfit with M-2 burner.