Figure 2-4.Spare heater installation (Type I).
2. Set the oil-pot burner in the adapter ring, so the
fuel inlet pipe faces the ash door opening.
3. Turn the adapter ring to the right until it engages
the locking clips on the right side of the door opening.
4. Install the flame spreader in the center of the
5. Attach the float valve nipple to the smaller end
of the pipe reducer located on the oil-pot burner. Make
sure the connection is tight enough to hold the valve in a
level position and to prevent leaks.
6. Place the top of the space heater on the adapter
7. Assemble the smoke pipe.
8. Install the draft diverter on top of the stack and
anchor it with guy ropes.
Install the guy line radially to eliminate
contact with the smoke pipe. Lines should be
erected and anchored, so the movement of the
tent does not adversely affect the stability of
the smoke pipe.
Refer to figure 2-6, and assemble the fuel can
adapter and insert it in the fuel can as follows:
When changing fuel cans, release the cam
before removing the adapter from the empty
can. The washer on the adapter may squeeze
out of place when the adapter is screwed into
place on the fuel can. Wipe excess fuel from the
washer, the washer seat, and the lid of the fuel
1. Attach the male end of one fuel hose to the drip loop
hose of the adapter, and attach the opposite female. end of the
hose to the male fuel inlet fitting of the float valve.
2. Attach the other length of hose to the ovefflow
fitting (under the center of the float valve) to carry off
any possible overflow. This hose must drain downward
and discharge into a safe outside location.
Be sure the fuel from the fuel can is con-
nected to the male fitting marked INLET on
3. Make sure the inlet shutoff knob on the float
valve is in the OFF position.