3. Place the water pump on a level surface
approximately 20 feet from the water source. Be sure
the suction line does not exceed 5 feet in length.
4. Place the suction hose assembly and strainer
into the water source using one of two methods:
a. Place the strainer on a mound of stones or
gravel and make a large pile of stones upstream from the
strainer to divert debris from it.
b. Build a tripod using tree branches and
suspend the strainer from the tripod. Build a barrier
using tree branches upstream from the strainer to
prevent leaves, weeds, or other debris from entering the
5. Place the water heater on level ground
approximately 5 feet from the water pump. When it is
possible, arrange a suitable shelter or windbreak for the
water heater to conserve fuel.
6. Connect the male coupling of a 1 1/2-inch water
hose to the water pump and connect the female end of
the hose to the water heater intake.
7. Connect the female end of a 7 1/2-foot, 1-inch
ID hose to the water heater and the male end of the hose
to the HOT fitting on the mixing valve.
8. Connect the male end of a 7 1/2-foot, 1-inch ID
hose to the water pump outlet and the female end of the
hose to the COLD fitting of the mixing valve.
9. Erect the shower stand approximately 20 feet
from the mixing valve. Connect sections of the shower
stand assembly using a 7 1/2-foot, 1-inch ID hose.
Install the cap on the shower stand end connector.
10. Connect the female end of a 25-foot, 1-inch ID
hose to the MIXED fitting of the mixing valve. Connect
the male end of the hose to the female fitting of the
11. Install an elbow on the water heater with a slight
turn to the right to seat the pin in the slot.
12. Insert a smokestack and guard assembly
through the bracket onto the elbow.
13. Tighten the screw on the bracket to secure the
smokestack and guard assembly.
14. Place the fuel container approximately 5 feet
from the water heater.
The fuel used with the bath unit is highly
flammable and may be dangerous to human life
if handled improperly. Tighten all fuel fittings
firmly. Recheck all fittings when the water
heater is operating to ensure there are no leaks
with the system under pressure.
15. Screw the drum fill adapter into the fuel
16. Connect the fuel line from the pump filter to
suction the fitting on the drum fill adapter assembly.
17. Connect the fuel line from the pump to the return
18. Connect the cable assembly to the water heater,
the water pump, and the power source.
Use only the fuel specified. Failure to do so
may result in injury to personnel or equipment.
The lack of lubrication may cause pump
damage when pure gasoline is used as fuel. To
avoid failure, when Firing the fuel burner with
gasoline, mix 1 quart of oil with each 5 gallons
of gasoline. This mixture provides internal lu-
brication for the fuel pump. To ensure proper
mixture, pour the gasoline into the oil.
19. Fill the fuel container with the approved fuel
Preventive Maintenance Checks and
To ensure that the equipment is ready for operation
at all times, you must inspect it systematically before
operation, during operation, and after operation, so
defects may be discovered and corrected. The
necessary preventive maintenance checks and services
(PMCS) will be performed before operation. The