6-19. The primary brake shoe is the front
shoe and normally has a slightly
shorter lining than the secondary shoe.
6-20. What type of brake lining does NOT
wear the brake drum excessively?
6-21. What type of brake shoe adjusting
system is operable in both forward and
6-22. Which of the following actions is a
disadvantage of drum brakes?
1. No means of adjustment
2. Brake fade
3. Decreased braking distances
4. Allows excessive cooling air to
enter the assembly
6-23. Which of the following actions is an
advantage of disc brakes?
1. Reduces braking distances
2. Increases brake fade
3. Collects asbestos dust in the brake
4. Dissipates heat through the brake
6-24. Of the following components, which
one is NOT part of a disc brake
1. Brake pads
3. Brake hub
6-25. What component of a caliper acts as a
spring to retract the piston?
1. Dust boot
2. Piston seal
3. Boot seal
4. Caliper clip
6-26. Metal tabs are built into some disc
brake pads for the purpose of
1. notifying the operator of worn
2. allowing easy installation and
removal from the caliper
3. preventing the pads from coming
out of the caliper during operation
4. identifying the type of lining
material used on the pads
6-27. What are the three type of disc brakes?
1. Semi-fixed caliper, fixed caliper,
and sliding caliper
2. Semi-floating caliper, fixed
caliper, and floating caliper
3. Sliding caliper, semi-floating
caliper, and semi-fixed caliper
4. Fixed caliper, floating caliper, and