8-64. What is the most important factor to
be considered before a heavily
damaged body panel is repaired?
1. Overall time and labor cost
2. Damaged area of the body panel
3. Direction of force that caused the
4. Amount of materials on hand
8-65. When welding a new piece of sheet
metal on a damaged vehicle, you can
ensure a reduction in distortion by
1. using a small torch tip
2. working from the bottom up
3. allowing the metal to cool between
4. staggering the welds
8-66. You are prepping a vehicle that is in
good condition for painting. To
remove any scratches, you should use
abrasive paper that is what size?
8-67.What is the preferred method for
removing paint from the entire surface
of a vehicle?
8-68. What action should be taken to
prevent deterioration of exposed sheet
metal due to an accident?
1. Refinish the entire vehicle
2. Refinish the damaged side
3. Refinish the damaged panel
4. Spot paint only
8-69. When you are refinishing a vehicle,
what type of problem will high-
viscosity paint create?
2. Improper flow-out
3. Orange peel
4. Poor adherence to the surface
8-70. What distance should the spray gun be
held from the surface to be painted to
obtain optimum coverage?
2 to 6 inches
4 to 8 inches
6 to 10 inches
4. 8 to 12 inches
8-71. What is the recommended thickness
for a layer of epoxy filler?
1. 1/16 inch
2. 1/8 inch
3. 1/4 inch
4. 3/8 inch
1. Chemical removal
3. Acid bath
4. Heat guns