Unvented gas heaters should be used
4-14. What is the only safety device on an
in well-ventilated areas to
oil-fired space heater?
1. remove sulfur deposits
2. remove carbon monoxide
produced by the gas flame
3. comply with the American Gas
Association (AGA) requirements
4. comply with the NAVFAC DM3
4-10. Approximately how many gallons of
water is produced when 1,000 cubic
feet of natural gas is burned?
4-11. Horizontal flue pipes for vented gas
heaters should have an upward pitch
of at least how many inches per foot?
4-12. Oil is fed to a natural draft pot
4-17. Which of the following conditions
distillate burner that is located at the
may result in poorly working burners?
1. top of the burner, at the center
2. bottom of the burner, either at the
center or on the sides
3. end of the perforated sleeves
4. middle of the left side of the
4-13. The flame in a perforated sleeve
burner should be what color?
1. Atmospheric vaporizing type of
3.Fuel level control valve
4-15. The draft produced by a chimney
depends upon the height of the
chimney and what other factor?
1. Width of the chimney
2. Temperature of the flue gas
3. Temperature of the outside air
4. Difference between the flue gas
and the outside air
4-16. On what two factors does the
operation of the draft regulator
1. Balance and free action
2. Balance and counterbalance
3. Downdraft and updraft
4. Updraft and free action
1. Chimney that is too high above the
Chimney that is not high enough
above the roof line
3. Face of the damper is not plumb
4. Counterweight placed on the